"Used for centuries to domesticate wild elephants, this torture training method is still accepted as the only viable training method for elephant handlers and is used in almost every elephant attraction in Thailand. And, once they have their souls stomped out, they are simply vessels entertaining people. They are chained. People who visit Thailand — and other countries with elephant tourism — don’t realise the damage they cause these elephants when they support trekking camps, go to circuses or buy the paintings done by these creatures.
Without knowing, they send a clear message to the elephant tourism industry that shows they support the torture these animals go through early in their life, as well as the horrific conditions they live in as cogs in the tourism wheel. Please never support this horrible practice- - never ride an elephant."
Continue reading here.
- This is why you should NOT ride elephants in Thailand!
- CAUSE AND EFFECT - The Consequences of What We Take for Granted
- Introducing Ping An A Fu stray animal rescue
- Dolphins Call each other by Name
- Mammoth find: Preserved Ice Age Giant found with flowing Blood in Siberia