Take a look at these 15 foods that can actually help to reduce that stubborn belly fat:
1) Avocados: loaded with two nutrients that are KEY to killing belly fat: hunger-crushing fibre (11 - 17g per avocado)
and monounsaturated fats, which studies have shown to actually "spot reduce" belly fat.
2) Peanut Butter: not just peanut butter, but mostly any seeds and nuts: postachios, walnuts, almonds,pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds. Why? They keep you full and satisfied for long periods of time and they are full of healthy fats and minerals.
3) Healthy Oils: extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil actually help burn fat by supplying healthy oils your body needs to burn stubborn body fat.
4) These veggies: cetain vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale and cabbage contain special phytonutrients (fight-o-nutrients), such as indole-3-carbinol (I3C), which help to fight against environmental estrogens that can add belly fat.
5) Omelets: Eggs arent bad!!!, they are nutrient dense and loaded with belly-burning protein, vitamins B6, B12, A, D, E and K, folate, choline, lutein, calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc and omega3 fatty acids. Plus, they will keep you full for long periods of time. Choose eggs from free-range chickens for more healthy nutrients.
6) Dark Chocolate: It is loaded with anti-oxidants (nearly 8 times that found in strawberries) and contains stimulants that can have a positive effect on fat burning. Make sure to choose 80% or higher cocoa content for best results
7) Oatmeal/Porridge: packed with fibre and whole-grain goodness, you can't go wrong. Just stay away the processed, high-sugar junk out there and stick to slow cook oats. Add berries, walnuts cinnamon to taste.
8) Green Tea: Contains potent antioxidants and has been linked to increased fat burning, including a report in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition that found green tea extract boosted the daytime metabolism of test
subjects by 35-43%
9) Beans: Black Beans, navy beans and lima beans all have 6 or more grams of fibre per 1/2 cup. Fibre can clean your system of pounds of "toxic" waste.
10) Berries: strawberries, rasberries and blackberries are loaded wth fibre (which slows sugar absorption) and are packed with vitamins that can fight cravings. (cravings can come from vitamin deficiencies)
11) Cinnamon: Researchers have found that cinnamon contains a type of antioxidant that increases insulin sensitivity and effectively helps to stabilize blood sugar. Basically...you'll store less belly fat.
12) Chili Peppers: Studies have shown that the active ingredient in chili peppers and powder, something called capsaicin, increases calorie-burning, stabilizes blood sugar levels and is a potent antioxidant.
13) Yogurt: Most regular yougurt is bad for your belly. Its loaded with belly-bulging sugar (real or artificial). However, Greek yogurts (plain) are loaded with probiotics that fight that belly bulge.
14) Wild Salmon: One of the best belly-blasting foods because of its protein and high omega-3 fatty acid content. Many people are deficient in omega-3s and when they add them to their diet the fat can really start coming off
15) Meat: Turkey meat ( white preferrably) or any lean protein source is a good belly blasting food. This includes the wild, salmon, free-range chicken, whey protein powders, and especially grass-fed beef because it contains natural CLA - a fat that studies have actually shown to burn fat. The interesting thing about protein is your body will burn off as much as 30% of its calories after you eat it.
Take a minute to digest all that info. Then start digesting!! literally. Adding these foods as part of your regular diet will see you well on your way to destroying that belly fat. Live Fit
Source: Micheals Personal Training
- Top 10 Healthy Yet Cheap Organic Foods
- 5 Foods That Kill Cancer And Help The Body Destroy Tumors Without Any Drugs
- Scientists Officially Link Processed Foods To Autoimmune Disease
- Top 10 Worst GMO Foods to Avoid Eating
- How to Clean Your Liver with 5 Natural Liver-Cleansing Tips
- Vegetarianism Can Reduce Your Risk of Death Over 30% and Add 9 Years To Your Life