A 20 year-old man came down with appendicitis in October last year. He posted the bill on Reddit and it has gone viral. The US Health Care system is a topic of much debate, not only in the US but around the world. A lot of countries get ‘free’ health care, so needless to say, this has stirred up a lot of conversation.
As if waking up in excruciating pain isn't enough, this is the bill he received in the mail a couple months later. Take a look:
Which is still an obscenely high bill to pay for such a young man. He was in the Recovery Room for 2 hours and it cost him $7,500.
The actual surgery cost $16,000.
This bill caused quite an uproar. A lot of citizens of other countries chimed in with their own experiences.
A Canadian's mother had foot surgery and her only charge was $60…for cable.
A Malaysian paid the equivalent of $25 for an appendectomy.
And then other Americans gave their two cents (or hundreds of thousands of dollars):
His cousin died because he had reached his “lifetime limit” for treatment. He was 27.
$2000 for a night's stay, a juice box and a pill.
We don't take political sides here in any way, but it's hard to deny that these costs are absurd. No matter how you think this should be fixed, I think we can all agree that it needs to be.
What's your opinion? Share this guy's hospital bill with others.
- Why Medicine Won't Allow Cancer to Be Cured
- 11 Reasons Why Flu Shots Are More Dangerous Than A Flu
- Supreme Court Rules Drug Companies Exempt From Lawsuits
- Man with Stage 3 Colon Cancer Refuses Chemotherapy & Cures Himself with Vegan Diet
- Los Angeles Set to Be Largest GMO-Free Zone in USA
- Detroit Hospital Takes a REAL Step toward Healing, Builds First Organic Hospital Greenhouse
Credits: Viral Nova
Articles You Might Like