The Inconvenient Truth About Cell Phones And Electrical Hazards

What you are about to see, should serve as a warning for all users of cell phones. Jackie Fedro, a mom from suburban Chicago, has shared this extremely scary story that happened to her 13-year-old daughter, Gabbie. Her dream came true when her parents got her a cell phone for Christmas.

She received the T-Mobile LG d500. It should be noted that cell phones vary in terms of potential dangers, however as you will see in the video below, what happened to Gabbie was not an atypical occurrence specific to the LG. She was using her phone in her room one day, when Jackie heard a bloodcurdling scream. Gabbie came running down the stairs grabbing her neck in agony.

What Jackie saw was a severe burn around her neck. Gabbie had been using her cell phone while it was plugged into a wall charger; the wire touched her necklace, transmitting an electrical current which resulted in second degree burns. They have posted this on Facebook to warn others about this potential danger when using a cell phone and wearing metal.

There have been multiple stories about electrical hazards and cell phones. Gabbie was actually lucky, as you will see after watching the footage below, where you will hear about a young Chinese woman who was electrocuted while using a charging iPhone 5. There are quite a few other stories about such electrocutions, that people should be made aware of.

Share on Google+
Articles You Might Like


This site's content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. | Terms of Service